Egret Mirror Intarsia Pattern
This design also uses layering which makes it a lot easier than it looks.
The layers are made separately and glued on top of each other.
- The mirror frame. This is a conventional circular frame which is rebated for the glass
- The bird. All the white bits are cut out of one piece of timber and therefore fit together again easily
- Lily pads
You just glue the layers on top of each other. Step by step instructions in the book with full cover photos showing close up details of any tricky bits.
This downloadable plan is a chapter out of my book 'Intarsia Down Under'. As well as the pattern you get 4 pages of detailed step by step instructions with 29 full colour photos. Too easy!
Finished Intarsia Size:
400mm x 570mm (16""x23"")
Number of Pieces:
Included in the book 'Intarsia Down Under'
This is a small section of the very detailed computer drawn plan that will guide you through the construction process
Some Sample Timbers used in this piece
Shadows in the water
Use these samples as a guide to colours only. You should use wood that you can easily obtain locally.
The pattern includes detailed guidelines on choosing suitable timbers. Need more timber colours? Check out our guide to Ebonizing and Bleaching Timber here.
All our patterns available as instant downloads.
- Available as soon as payment is confirmed. No postage. Start work in a few minutes.
- Download is in PDF format. You will need a PDF reader installed on your computer to open it.
This pattern is also included in our printed paper book "Intarsia Down Under"
- Posted worldwide. Check it out here.